I, Arnav Singh Raizada, Am The Father


"Khushi! Khushi stop," Arnav yelled.

"No! I've had it! All these days I thought it was just me, but not anymore," Khushi yelled.

The whole family stared, curious what they were arguing about.

"Khushiji, what's wrong," Anjali asked.

Khushi looked away. "Ask your brother."

"For the last time, Khushi! He is not my son," Arnav roared.

"Yes he is! Look at these results," Khushi said, shoving the paper in his face.

Arnav looked at it blankly. "I thought you tore it up-"

"Why do you care so much if I tore it up or not- … now I get it. You wanted to hide the truth from me-"

"What crap! Khushi, for the f*cking last time! Aarav is NOT MY SON!"

The family stared at them wide eyed and Sheetal and Aarav came in to see what all the commotion was about.

Khushi's tears flowed down her cheek. "I can't stay here another second," and she turned to walk away.

"Khushi betiyan," Nani called out, reaching out, but Khushi didn't stop. "Chote, stop her, please."

"Chote, Chote please stop Khushiji," Anjali cried.

Before Arnav could move, Sheetal went in front of Khushi.

"Wait Khushi. You can't go."

"Please Sheetalji," Khushi said, "let me go. With me out of the way, you can have Arnavji and have a family-"

"No! I don't want Arnav! I-"

"I understand what happened to you wasn't fair, but think about Aarav."

"Khushi, listen to me. There's something you need to know."

Khushi scrunched her eyebrows.

"I switched the report."

Everyone looked at Sheetal, confused.

"K-kya," Khushi stuttered.

"Yes," Sheetal replied. "I switched the report."

Khushi shook her head. "Sheetalji, you don't have to make up a story-"

"I'm not making up a story! It's the truth! I switched the report before Hari Prakash gave it to you."

Khushi just looked at her, but Arnav fumed and went up to Sheetal and grabbed her arm and made her face him out of rage.

"Why would you do that Sheetal," Arnav asked, gritting his teeth. "Answer me!"

"Because… because… I didn't know what to do!"

"Sheetalji please," Khushi said. "I saw you breaking your fast-"

"I only did that to make it seem like I did it for Arnav but…."

"But what?"

"Look Khushi, Arnav IS NOT Aarav's father, okay, done."

"No, not done," Arnav said. "Why would you even do a thing like this?!"

"Because I wanted Aarav to be a part of his family," Sheetal yelled without thinking of what she said.

Everyone scrunched their eyebrows and looked at Sheetal.

"What are you talking about," both Arnav and Khushi asked.

Sheetal had tears going down her cheek. "Yes," she sniffled. "I-it's true that Arnav isn't Aarav's father… but this is Aarav's family."

"What," Arnav whispered out.

"Yes… this is Aarav's grandparent's place."

Mami looked up and scrunched her eyebrows. "Hello, hi, bye, bye! Ye kon naya joot-wa?"

"No," Sheetal said, shaking her head. "It's true." Sheetal looked back at Arnav. "Aarav is your nephew."

"What," Arnav asked.

Sheetal shook her head. "Yes… Aarav is your nephew. His… his father is… his father is-"

"Me."

Everyone turned to the voice and their eyes widened, except for Khushi's, Payal's and Aarav's. Those three scrunched their eyebrows and looked at the man, standing at the door.

Nani gasped. "… Dhruv?"

The three looked at Nani and then back at the man. He was tall and buff, his muscles showing off from his burgundy muscle shirt. He was wearing a gray sleeveless-hoodie and blue distressed jeans. He was handsome, no doubt and he walked their way.

Before the guy could get any close, Arnav blocked his way.

"What are you doing here," Arnav asked, trying to keep calm.

"Relax bro," the guy said and then chuckled. "You haven't changed at all have you," and then he walked around Arnav and stood in front of Sheetal.

"Hey Sheetal," the guy said.

"D-Dhruv? … what… what are you…?"

Aarav went to his mother's side. "Mom, who is he?"

"A-Aarav… he's-"

Dhruv put his hand up. He bent down to level with Aarav and smiled at him. "Hey champ."

"Hi. Who are you?"

"Aarav," Sheetal warned.

"Sheetal relax," Dhruv said and then looked back at Aarav. "Aarav, I'm Dhruv," he said, holding his hand out.

Aarav held his hand and they shook hands. "Nice to meet you. How do you know my mom?"

"We were in college together."

"Really," Aarav's eyes brightened.

"Yes."

"Are you close with my mom?"

Dhruv shook his head.

"Really? Then do you know my dad? Do you know who he is? Where he is?"

"Yeah… I do."

"Really? Who is he?"

"Aarav-" but Sheetal got cut off.

"It's me," Dhruv said.

Aarav's eyes widened and his jaws dropped.

"Aarav, I'm your father," Dhruv said.

The whole Raizada family were in shock.

"You're… you're my dad," Aarav asked.

Dhruv nodded.

Sheetal just looked at Aarav. She expected him to get mad but instead he had tears flowing down his cheek. Aarav reached out to Dhruv and gave him a hug.

Dhruv was frozen for a second and then hugged Aarav back. The two held into each other and Sheetal was happy to see her son with his father. But the Raizada family was still in shock.

Dhruv let go of Aarav and nodded his head, motioning he'd be right back. He got up on his feet and walked over to Manorama, who was looking at him wide eyed.

"Ma."

That one word from Dhruv's mouth made Manorama go into tears. She shut her eyes and looked away.

"Kahe vapas aye ho," Manorama asked, wiping her tears away.

"Ma, you don't have a clue how much I've missed you."

"Joot!"

"No Ma, it's true. Ma, not one day has passed without me thinking about you, as well as the family."

Manorama just looked up, trying to keep her tears in.

Dhruv looked at Anjali. "Di," he went over to her. "Di, are you okay? Did that bas***d hurt you?"

Anjali scrunched her eyebrows. "How do you-"

"I know everything."

"What do you mean," Nani asked.

"Dadi, after I left, I've been keeping watch over you guys."

"What?"

"Yes Dadi. Papa may have kicked me out for the house, but that didn't stop me from being away from my family."

Dhruv went over to Payal. "You're my lil bro's wife, Payal." He went over to Khushi. "And you're Nanav's wife, Khushi."

"Dhruv," Arnav growled.

"Oh relax! I know everything. From the fact that you and Khushi had a fake marriage until Dadiji came, up till what that b*tch Shyam did."

"But how," Anjali asked.

"Di, this is my family. How could I not know what was going on with my family?"

"Looks like we're not your only family," Arnav said.

Dhruv looked at Sheetal and Aarav. He went over to his son and picked him up. "You're right, I have another family now, too," he said, reaching out to place his arm over Sheetal's shoulder but she stepped away. "Sheetal-"

"We're not your family."

"What-"

Sheetal pulled Aarav down. "We're nothing to you."

"That's ridiculous!"

"Oh really? Then where were you all these years? Where we're you when Aarav was born? Huh?!"

"I was around! I saw Aarav grow! I saw him take his first steps, say his first words, everything!"

"What?"

"Yes! I came back here in '11 and watched over my family."

Sheetal looked away.

"Sheetal please. I know I screwed up from our college days but please! Hear me out-"

"No!"

"You're still stubborn-"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

Sheetal banged her fist on his chest. "You'll never change!"

Dhruv grabbed her wrist and pulled her in. "I wont let go of you again Sheetal."

Sheetal looked away. "I hate you."

"Mom, please give Dad a chance," Aarav begged.

"Aarav-"

"Yeah Sheetal, please give Dad here a chance," Dhruv said.

Sheetal gaped at him and then tried to hit him again but he didn't let her. She pouted and then hugged him and Aarav got excited and ran up to them and hugged them as well, the small family having a group hug.

"Arnavji, please! No suit-pants today," Khushi exclaimed.

"But Khushi-"

"No Arnavji! You will wear a sherwani!"

Arnav sighed. "Fine!"

A few minutes later, Arnav came out of the bathroom, wearing a white sherwani. He looked sexy, no doubt, and Khushi was drooling, eyeing her husband and having the most dirtiest thoughts ever. Arnav noticed and pulled her in close and Khushi snapped out of her trance.

"I can hear what you're saying Khushi."

"What? How?! I was saying things in my head-"

"Don't forget who you're talking to," he smirked.

Khushi rolled her eyes and gave Arnav a hug. Anjali called out Khushi's name and Khushi tried to release herself, but failed.

"Arnavji, please let go."

"I will, once you say my name properly."

"What? Your name is Arnavji-"

"No, it's Arnav. Say "Arnav"."

"A… Ar… Arnavji."

"Arnav."

"Uh… Ar… Arnavji?"

"Ar-nav. Arnav."

"Ar… Arnav-ji."

"Khushi, come on. It's simple, just say it. Arnav."

"Um…."

"Khushiji," Anjali called out.

"Let me go," Khushi pleaded. "Di's calling."

"Not until you say my name."

"Please," Khushi begged, trying to pry away his fingers.

"No, say my name."

"Please let me go," Khushi begged, looking at the door.

"No."

"Arnav please! Let me go!"

Arnav let her go and Khushi looked at him.

"I'm so sorry," Khushi exclaimed.

"What? Why?"

"I wasn't being proper-"

"What crap! Khushi, tum meri biwi ho, okay? Not my worker."

"I was," Khushi mumbled.

"What-" Arnav hugged her. "Pagal-"

"Of course. That's what I am. You know you love that about me."

"I love everything about you."

Khushi smiled into his chest.

"Especially everything under your sari," he whispered in her ear.

Khushi's eyes widened immediately and she looked up at him and saw the gleam in his eyes. She was blushing like crazy and then pushed away from him and ran out the room, smiling.

-----------------------

The guests arrived and Dhruv was looking very handsome in his black sherwani. He was already at the mandap, waiting for his bride.

After all the commotion that day, Manorama had called up her husband and after a lot of talking, her husband had forgiven Dhruv and Nani immediately planned a wedding for Dhruv and Sheetal, and today, was that day.

Anjali and Khushi brought Sheetal in and had her sit down next to Dhruv. While the pandit went on, Arnav went over to Khushi and slightly nudged her.

"We weren't finished, you know."

"Aap chup raye," Khushi huffed.

"Aw, cummon Khushi."

"Nai."

"What? I was only saying the truth."

"Arnav- forget it," and she held his arm and held him tight.

Khushi let out a sigh as Dhruv and Sheetal made their rounds.

"What's wrong," Arnav whispered.

"Nothing. Just thinking how happy Aarav will be, now that he has his dad and mom."

"Missing your parents?"

She looked up at Arnav. "You read me like a book," she smiled and he smiled back.

Khushi snuggled into his arm and rested her head on his shoulder. "What if we had a child?"

"You do know the process to that, right?"

"Yes, I'm not stupid!"

"Thats not what I'm saying nor meaning."

Khushi rolled her eyes. Dhruv placed the mangalsutra around Sheetal's neck and the sindoor through her parting. Dhruv and Sheetal were now officially husband and wife and Aarav went running to his parents and they hugged each other.

"Khushi," Arnav called out. "Say something at least."

Khushi looked up at him with an attitude and then walked away to Dhruv and Sheetal to congratulate them.

-------------------------

Khushi was in the kitchen, warming up milk, when Sheetal came in. All their problems were solved out before and now they were on friendly terms. Khushi poured milk into a glass and placed it on a tray.

"Here you go Sheetalji," Khushi said, giving her the tray.

"Thanks Khushi. Oh yeah, and Khushi, one request - no more formalities, okay? Just Sheetal."

"But-"

"Please Khushi? Otherwise I'll still feel like an outsider to you-"

"No, don't think that."

"Then you'll listen to me?"

Khushi smiled. "Fine Sheetal."

Sheetal smiled and headed upstairs. Khushi cleaned up and then turned off the lights. Everyone else was asleep and Khushi was left. Hari Prakash was already gone, and Khushi wasn't tired, so she decided to get the milk ready.

Khushi turned off the lights to the living room and went up the stairs to her room. Arnav was out on the poolside, already changed, on his laptop, doing work. Khushi was tired to complain and she got her clothes and went into the bathroom to take a nice long shower.

After spending half an hour in the shower, Khushi turned to get her clothes, but there was nothing there. She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion and held onto her towel.

"Weird," Khushi said out loud, "I thought I brought my clothes in. But… how will I get it…?"

Khushi opened the door and peered into the room. Arnav wasn't there but the room was lit up with candles. She came out, looking around in confusion, forgetting about the fact she was in her towel. The room was beautifully decorated and Khushi loved it.

Out of nowhere, Arnav pulled her into him and she looked at him wide eyed.

"What are you doing," Khushi asked.

"We're gonna do what we spoke about earlier."

Khushi blushed. "Arnav please-"

"Gosh, I love it when you say my name like that."

Khushi rolled her eyes and pushed herself away. She went to the wardrobe and opened it up and saw her night clothes missing.

"Where are my clothes?"

"Simple - laundry basket."

"What? Arnav why would you-" but she didn't finish, flustered.

"Well, I planned all this out, so I snuck into the bathroom and got your clothes; you really should lock the door. Sort of hard to do since I had to control myself from attacking you. Anyways, I could manage something for you."

"Could you, or have you already?"

Arnav smirked. "Smart thinking Mrs. Raizada."

Arnav picked up a box from his table and held it out. Khushi went to reach for it, but Arnav pulled it away.

"You have two options Khushi. A: you wear this; or B: you don't wear anything at all."

"What?!" Khushi grabbed the box and opened it up. She took out a a very slinky and revealing, red nightgown. Khushi gaped at it and at Arnav. "I'm going to wear this?!"

"Or nothing at all," he smirked.

Khushi squinted her eyes and then grabbed Arnav and pushed him down on the bed. Arnav didn't even get to react and just looked at Khushi.

"Khushi, what did you do that for?!"

"Shut up Arnav!"

Arnav immediately silenced and just looked at her. Khushi moved her hand up to her towel and Arnav's eyes widened.

She wouldn't, he said in his head.

But she would and she did, removing her towel, letting it drop to the floor and revealing her milky body. She climbed on top of Arnav and sat on him and Arnav gaped.

"Shut your mouth ," Khushi said, "or a fly will fly in."

Arnav shook his head and gazed at her body.

"Are you just gonna look at me or actually do something," Khushi asked.

Without wasting another second, Arnav rolled them over and took his shirt off. "Mrs. Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, you are all mine tonight."

"Make me yours Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. Right here, right now."

Arnav smirked and then placed his lips over hers and took control of her body. That night, was undoubtedly an unforgettable night for Mr. And Mrs. Raizada.

"What will be her name," Khushi wondered.

"Why is she making such a big deal about it," Aarav asked.

"It is a big deal!"

"It's just a name Khushi," Arnav said.

"No Chote, it "just" isn't," Anjali said.

"Di, come on!"

"Arnav, have your ever even thought about it seriously," Khushi asked. "Imagine your name was… was… was Bunty!"

"Bunty?"

"Yeah, Bunty. Could you imagine? Bunty Singh Raizada." Khushi made a sour face. "I never would've married you."

Arnav just rolled his eyes. "Fine, let's pick out a "good" name."

"Not just a good name, a perfect name," Payal said.

"Yeah Bhai, be serious," Akash said.

"Akash, mera bhai, Nanav is always serious," NK joked.

"He'll never change," Dhruv joked.

"Right? He'll always be that kid from college too," Sheetal joked.

"And you guys say I'm not serious," Arnav muttered as he thought up a name.

Khushi bit her nails as she thought while Arnav held onto their baby girl, giving her her formula that the hospital gave for newborn babies.

"Arnav, please think of something," Khushi begged.

"Well-"

"I got one," Anjali said, cutting Arnav off. "Pari."

"Di, that's too cliche."

"How about Palak," Payal said.

"No," Khushi said.

"Neha," Akash said.

"No."

"Tanya," NK said.

"No."

"Sneha," Nani said.

"No."

"Tina," Mami said.

"She doesn't look like one."

"Deepika," Dhruv said.

"Nice… but she doesn't look like one either."

Arnav rolled his eyes.

"Oh! What about Sahara," Sheetal suggested.

"It's nice… but no."

"This is ridiculous," Arnav said.

"Agreed," Aarav said.

"Is that so," Khushi said, getting on her feet, placing her hands on her hips. "Do YOU have any names?"

"In fact, I do," Arnav said, placing the bottle aside, the baby done drinking.

"And what would it be?"

Arnav looked down at his beautiful baby daughter. "Aaradhya."

"Aaradhya?"

Arnav nodded, not removing his sight from his daughter. The baby was smiling and Khushi went over to them, sitting beside Arnav.

"She likes it," Khushi smiled.

"Of course she does. That's because her Papa chose it," and the baby smiled more.

Khushi just rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Not a bad choice, Chote,"Anjali complimented.

"Ha! Bohot acha naam hain," Nani smiled.

Khushi looked at Arnav. "I love it."

"Really," Arnav asked, looking at her.

"Really."

"Then it's settled. Her name is Aaradhya Singh Raizada."

The Raizada family loved the name and went into their own small talk with each other. Arnav nudged Khushi a bit and she looked at him, her eyebrows scrunched.

Arnav whispered. "And you, Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, is her mother, and I, Arnav Singh Raizada, am the father," he winked.

Comments

  1. I forgot to comment :P

    Read this and the way Aarav wasn't Arnav's child and revelation was amazing :)

    It was different OS related to this particular topic :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The SnapChat Punishment

One Night...

Baby Raizada